Martha’s Vineyard Seascapes Seminar!
When: September 15th and 16th 2016.
Martha’s Vineyard, MA Seascape seminar! The sunsets in September are spectacular!
- Sunset shooting on the 15th and sunrise on the 16th. We will cover composition, lens choice, filters, HDR, time exposures, sand safety and working with a tripod in moving sand. After shooting at sunrise we will head to a location to cover editing while having some breakfast. I will be covering editing techniques for seascapes and also how to edit them for best results.
- Photoshop, NIK plugins and understanding of basic use of Photoshop helpful. You will also be added to my secret editing with NIK group. This is a small group of very talented photographers using these editing techniques both in daily photography work and landscape work.
- September 15th we will meet up at 4 pm at a central location depending on where everyone is staying to go over details, travel up to Aquinnah for sunset. Sunset is 6:50 pm that night. Bring a flash light for the walk back.
- September 16th sunrise is at 6:25 am. We have a few choices, depending on weather. Final choice will be voted on by attendees at the end of the sunset session on the 15th. After the sunrises and the light gets bad we will head to Edgartown, Expresso Love to chat about editing and work on images.
What you need for the beach:
- Camera, with bracketing capabilities
- Wide angle lens such as 16-35mm or something that goes down to at least 24mm
- Polarizer filter, ND filter
- Remote trigger, wireless is best but tethered is okay
- A good tripod
- Camera bag that you can carry far
- Hiking sandals that can get wet, walk on the sand and street in.
- Wear clothes that can get wet. Bring a lightweight wind breaker for after sunset.
What you will need for editing:
- Images from the night before and morning session
- Card reader
- NIK plugins, free right now
Space is limited to 10 so that everyone gets a great experience. Early bird price is $250
Please contact me at email@example.com. or 610-437-2738 the studio line.